Date:      Thu, 12 Nov 1998 13:09:03 -0800
From:      "Dave Truesdell" <dtruesdell@att.com>
To:        Willow <willow@tds.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tcpd

Willow  <willow@tds.edu> wrote:

>After reconfiguring my /etc/inetd.conf file to make use of tcp_wrappers
>(tcpd) I get the following every once and awhile in /var/log/messages and
>to /dev/console:
>
>identd[pid]: warning: can't get client address: socket is not connected

It looks like you've overdone things.  Tcp Wrappers only work for TCP services, they don't work for UDP or RPC based services.  Also, wrapping identd is probably a bad idea as tcpd may need to query it, is the rules require the information.

--
T.T.F.N.,
Dave Truesdell / dtruesdell@att.com/davet@ttfn.com / UNIX system administrator