Date:      Wed, 2 Aug 2000 11:56:46 -0400
From:      mhf <michael.flug@snet.net>
To:        "Samuel Lin" <joka83@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPPoE issues: not connecting to remote peer on Earthlink ADSL connection

Yes Yes!! Someone please help this fella, and in the process help me
too.  I have posted a few questions along the same lines, but have
only received one response.  There's gotta be a few gurus out there
who can help us get through the PPPoE part of the FreeBSD learning
curve.

I am currently using FreeBSD 4.0   My ADSL service provider is
Southern New England Telephone (SNET)-- now a subsidiary of SBC just
like PacBell.

I am writing from work, so I cannot produce my ppp.conf and rc.conf
for this post; however, I would be very greatly to begin dialogue with
anyone who can help Sam and I get ADSL working.

I was thinking of buying the Linksys ADSL PPPoE Router that everyone
is raving about, but I don't think that will help until I get FreeBSD
to make my Kingston KNE 110 TX ethernet card pass packets back and
forth.

Thank you for your time.  I hope to hear from some successful ADSL
users.

--
Best regards,
 mhf                            mailto:michael.flug@snet.net