Date:      Tue, 2 Oct 2001 10:13:31 -0700
From:      "Eric Parusel" <lists@globalrelay.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD Shutdown - Signal Timing?

Hi there,

    I'm writing a perl script that has a long sleep cycle and a short
processing cycle...
During that processing cycle I'd like the script to ignore TERM's....

That brings up a pertinent question:

-  How long is the delay between the first (or only) TERM that is sent
upon FreeBSD shutdown (I'm using RELENG_4_3 and RELENG_4_4) and the
subsequent KILL, if needed, when FreeBSD get's impatient??

And does this timing change at all between versions of FreeBSD?  (or
is it fairly static?)

Thanks very much,

Eric Parusel
Systems Administrator