Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2000 18:10:57 -0400
From:      Damien Tougas <damien@carroll.com>
To:        Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon@orthanc.ab.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Request for change to /etc/rc script

On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 02:09:47PM -0600, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:

>It's not a NIS bug, it's operator error. Not having local entries
>for root and wheel is just asking for trouble.

I would disagree with you there. We do not want to have root password
files on hundreds of thin client workstations, if we have to change
the root password for those workstations, we want to change it once.
If the computer boots without network services, we don't care, because
it dosen't have anything of value on it. When the network comes back
up, just reboot it, these things are designed to be 'dumb'.

--
Damien Tougas
Systems Administrator