Date:      Mon, 02 Feb 1998 11:21:00 -0800
From:      Jim Mock <jim@triax.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   teardrop fix?

Does anyone know if 2.2.5-Stable is teardropable?  We're an isp with about
6 FreeBSD boxes running currently and are in the process of converting over
the rest of our network as well, but I noticed something this morning that
I hadn't seen before.  4 of our 6 machines are running 2.2.5-Stable, and
the other two are running a 3.0 snap.  The 4 machines that are running
2.2.5 we all frozen this morning, but the 3.0 snap machines weren't.  I
don't know whether somebody tried to take down the 3.0 machines as well and
couldn't, or just didn't bother hitting them, but all of our 2.2.5 machines
were locked solid.  If 2.2.5 is teardrop/teardrop2/bonk, etc. susceptible,
is there a fix, and where can I get it?  I checked out the FreeBSD website
but found anything.  Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim Mock
+ System Administrator/Webmaster +
+ Triax Internet Services | Portland, Oregon +
+ e-Mail: mailto:jim@triax.com | mailto:webmaster@triax.com +
+ Web: http://www.triax.com/ +
640KB should be enough for everybody. - Bill Gates, 1982