Date:      Mon, 29 Jun 1998 20:59:40 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
To:        mike@smith.net.au (Mike Smith)
Cc:        sec@yoda.pi.musin.de, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Staroffice 4.0 sp3 running

> > Hi,
> >
> > I just managed to install Staroffice 4.0sp3.
> >
> > It requires the file /proc/<pid>/cmdline to run.
>
> Amazingly enough, it seems that Linux doesn't actually have /proc/curproc,
> which would have made this a lot simpler.
>
> > I have just added (an dummy-version of) cmdline in my local copy of
> > procfs, but I remember that there was some talk, not to 'bloat' procfs
> > with such things.

Well, this is what I have done:

1. Unpack the sp3 distribution
2. cd into the Install directory (where setup.bin is)
3. sed -e 's,/proc/%u/cmdline,/tmp/so40cmdline,' < setup.bin > setup.new
4. mv setup.new setup.bin
5. chmod 755 setup.bin
6. touch /tmp/so40cmdline
7. ./setup

Maybe I missed some step but this is closely what I have done.

However, the installed thing doesn't run properly and consumes only cpu time
but I hadn't had time to investigate this yet...

	-Andre