Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 1995 00:07:59 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@gaia.coppe.ufrj.br>
Cc:        supervisor@alb.asctmd.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org, jhay@mikom.csir.co.za
Subject:   Re: IPX feedback request -Reply

Joao Carlos Mendes Luis wrote:
> I can just think of the following:
> 1) Routing Netware networks.  This should be made by a daemon
> ..
> 2) Mounting NetWare disks.  This is really a problem.  How to convert
> ..
> 3) Print Services.  A netware aware lpd would be useful.  Most

And the irony is that most people won't show much interest in IPX
support for FreeBSD *until* these features appear.  There's a "knee"
here where IPX is only going to be of interest to a very small set of
people until the framework is in place to support the rest.  Those doing
the development are just going to live with that, I guess! :-(
--
						Jordan