Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 1999 21:42:39 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Nokia M10 RDSL modem does NAT

I've just changed from an NEC ADSL modem to a Nokia M10 RDSL modem.  And
I'm very disappointed to see that the RDSL modem does NAT.  Mainly because
my FreeBSD box no longer has a public address.  I can't yet see how to
redirect requests from the M10 to my FreeBSD box.

I can configure the modem via an HTTP or telnet interface.  There is an
NAT setup.  I've managed to add a Pinhole entry to redirect external port
80 to an internal IP address.  But browsing to the external address gets
no response.

I'm going to contact my ISP in the morning, but I have a feeling I'm not
going to like their answer.  I've found nothing on the web for this M10.

Any suggestions?

--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary