Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2000 17:27:23 +1100 (EST)
From:      Rowan Crowe <rowan@sensation.net.au>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Local IP addresses

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Dave Wilson wrote:

> Hi guys, howzit going ?
>
> Do you have any ideas where I can find out what IP blocks are registered in
> S.A ?
> The reason being that we need to limit our clients' access to international
> bandwidth with our traffic shaper. For this to happen I need to know what
> IP's are local to South Africa.

Just curious - why do you do this? Is there a technical reason (like being
charged more by your upstream for international traffic) or some other
reason?

Bear in mind that just because an IP range happens to be located in South
Africa, doesn't mean it's going to travel on local links only. People may
also use IP space allocated from elsewhere.

Cheers.

--
Rowan Crowe                              http://www.rowan.sensation.net.au/
Sensation Internet Services                   http://info.sensation.net.au/