Date:      Sat, 13 Apr 1996 15:53:57 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brandon Gillespie <brandon@tombstone.sunrem.com>
To:        sameer@c2.org
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD as DNS

On Sat, 13 Apr 1996 sameer@c2.org wrote:
> 	it's my understanding that the next release of the Netscape
> Server software doesn't support the Intel-BSD UNIXes.
>
> > We're a new ISP looking to put in our own DNS. We have a T-1 being
> > installed the 1st of May. I've heard many good things about FreeBSD. I
> > was wondering if you would have more specific info on how FreeBSD works
> > with the new Netscape server software. Is this even necessary? The other
> > area we are considering is NT but not sure about its stability.
> >
> > Thanks for your input

Yes, try apache; I've used both and frankly I dont see a reason to use
Netscape's server when you can use Apache.  If you want the secure end
you can pay for it (at about 1/3 what it would cost to get netscape) from
various people who have extended apache.

Info is at:

    http://www.apache.org/

-Brandon Gillespie-