Date:      Sat, 08 Feb 1997 13:40:48 -0800
From:      hilltop@tidepool.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   No ftp.freebsb.org/pub(.16)/FreeBSD/Tools/Dos Directory Contents...

...and therefore no FIPS re-partion of existing DOS HD, no
select-boot-partition-manager, no rawrite=no boot floppy from image, and
therefore no FreeBSD INSTALL!

I was partly through d/l'ing the 2.1.6 install, that I began a couple of
weeks ago and would now like to finish, however those directories no longer
have any contents either.  I'm short the ports, packages, and XFree86 stuff.
(No, I don't have a cdrom drive, or I wouldn't be downloading it)

If I have to start over and d/l all of 2.2 now, then ok, I can do that; but
I would really appreciate renewed access to the boot managers, ide_config,
etc. goodies that could make life much more enjoyable preceeding the actual
install.  Being able to create the boot floppy would be a good start.
(Supplying the Handbook & FAQ's as simple ascii text in addition to 'latin',
which is relatively unreadable by SuperPad, would also be nice, if it's at
all a good day to ask....)

please help/fix.

TNX,

Looking forward to trying FreeBSD,
not destroying my HD through an incomplete install,

Gene Randall