Date:      Sat, 13 Nov 2010 18:12:52 -0800
From:      Rob Farmer <rfarmer@predatorlabs.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tips for installing windows and freeBSD both.. anyone??

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 13:53, Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com> wrote:
>> Right, and this isn't a GUI problem - its a problem with combining the
>> documents. What software allows multiple people to open and write to
>> the same file simultaneously without trashing the file or losing data?
>
> Git and Mercurial come to mind.

I'm not familiar with DVCSes, but I assume they work much the same as
a centralized one - that is they don't open a file and leave it open -
you work on something, then use locking for the actual commit part.
Two people can't edit the same working copy at once, nor can they
commit at exactly the same time. The difference is that locking is
done at the application layer, rather than by the OS itself.

--
Rob Farmer