Date:      Sat, 25 Nov 2006 08:54:02 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>
To:        Mike Hauber <mchauber@gmx.net>
Cc:        "FreeBSD, Advocacy" <freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: BSD folks position on GPL, Novell, IBM, SCO, and MS...

--0-61122867-1164466403=:21580

> PS... =C2=A0One more question... =C2=A0Being that Linux emulation is avai=
lable=20
> as a port for the BSDs, I would assume (but haven't taken the time to=20
> research) that GPLd code is used. =C2=A0If there comes to be issues with=
=20
> Linux, what would that mean for BSDs compatibility in regards to=20
> emulation?

No GPL'd code is used for the Linux ABI support. Have a look at the code=20
under src/sys/compat/linux/. And look at the linux(4) manpage.

Nevertheless, you will probably use glibc and other programs built for=20
Linux that are GPL'd ...

I think you will find many answers to your other questions in this lists=20
(or the chat list) archives. I don't recall any discussion hear about=20
Novell/Microsoft deal though.
--0-61122867-1164466403=:21580--