Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2007 05:25:24 -0600
From:      "Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads@cox.net>
To:        "Fulvio Mariola" <fulvio.mariola@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 6.2 AMD64+NVIDIA

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 17:02:50 +0100
"Fulvio Mariola" <fulvio.mariola@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have installed FreeBSD 6.2 AMD64 to the  notebook. The graphic-card
> is NVIDIA GeFORCE Go 7600.
> The NVIDIA vendor don't release driver for This architecture.
> Can I try??
> I make the kernel or to return at ix86 architecture?
>
> Thanks for your attention.
> Fulvio Mariola

We need more amd64 users to register at the nVidia website and add their
comments in the hardware forum (see http://forums.nvidia.com) to request a
driver for FreeBSD/amd64.  If you look at the BSD stats site on the CPU
stats page (http://www.bsdstats.org/cpus.php), you'll see that the Athlon 64
is currently the most popular processor listed by far.  We need to make
nVidia acutely aware of this situation and urge them to give a higher
priority to developing and releasing a driver for this platform.  It is
*long* overdue now.

Thank you for your support.

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads@cox.net>