Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 11:20:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Ian P. Thomas" <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
To:        auto245751@hushmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.2 Installation - Keyboard Problem

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who heard auto245751@hushmail.com say...
	I can't find your other post so forvive me if this is redundant.
When you boot into the system, can you use boot -c do so some config of the
hardware.  There are some flags you can add when specifying your keyboard.

bit 0 (FAIL_IF_NO_KBD) 0x01
bit 1 (NO_RESET) 0x02
bit 2 (ALT_SCANCODESET) 0x04

example,
device atkbd0 at isa? tty irq 1 flags 0x03  # for NO_RESET

	Worth a shot.  My friend had a similar problem with a keyboard that
just wouldn't work on Caldera Linux, but worked with everything else.

Ian