Date:      Sun, 8 Dec 2002 15:40:16 -0500
From:      Jake Burkholder <jake@locore.ca>
To:        Anders Nordby <anders@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Andrzej Kwiatkowski <kwiatek@tpi.pl>, freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Multiple interfaces -> one MAC

Apparently, On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 09:09:31PM +0100,
	Anders Nordby said words to the effect of;

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 11:29:30AM -0500, Jake Burkholder wrote:
> >> Every Card have got one Mac address.
> >> How can i change to every card was showing its own MAC ???
> > You can use the attached patch, it will make them use their local mac address
> > unconditionally.  Given that we're in code freeze I'm not sure when/if this
> > support will be committed.
>
> Another thing one could try would be to set the PROM variable
> local-mac-address to true:
>
> ok setenv local-mac-address? true

This only works for netbooting from the prom though.  The os needs to check
the prom property and either use the global prom ethernet address or the
local-mac-address property of the node for the ethernet card when assigning
MAC addresses.

Jake