Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 1997 22:27:17 -0500
From:      John Murray <jmurray@vt.edu>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: scsi audio

> Can you send us the exact error message and which option you chose
> to read the Audio CD? Also what is your scsi cdrom...
>

> My CDROM is a <TOSHIBA CD-ROM XM-3701TA 3205> and Charle's utility
> worked like a charm.

Well my cd-rom is probed as a "TOSHIBA CD-ROM XM-3601TA 0265"  on an Adaptec
1542 cf ISA SCSI Host adapter.

I am using the following command:

	/home/jmurray/cdd-1.0/cdd -t 2  /usr/tmp/

It says it won't work with my cdrom and gives  a list a cdroms that it does
support.  If i choose "5: TOSHIBA CD-ROM XM-3701TA"  Shows the toc and when it
tries to copy I get:

---
Copying AUDIO track 2 to /usr/tmp//track-02.cda

Mode changed to 2352 bytes/sector

SCSI Command failed on lba 15058

Unable to read CD-DA at lba 15058
SCSI Command failed: Change Block Size to 2048
Unable to exit CDAudio Mode
---

If I try "4: TOSHIBA CD-ROM XM-5301TA" It starts to copy fine, producing a
valid out file.  But then a "cd0: timed out" message comes up on the console
after a while and the copy aborts with a message like "Unable to read CD-DA at
lba 25922" leaving me with a partical output file.  Tihs has happened with the
3 differnt cds I've tried so far.

It seems like because I choose a differnt model there are some slight SCSI
command differneces.  But there could be some other probelms. Any help would
be very apreciated.