Date:      Mon, 09 May 2005 17:33:40 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Thomas_H=F6belt?= <th@imaginative.at>
To:        DougB@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: bind9-9.3.1

Hallo,

    we are trying to bring an old 486DX2 box to life as a DNS Server,

installing free BSD 4.11 worked really fine, but brought BIND 8 with it.

So i tried to install the package ( bind9-9.3.1.tbz), which also seemed
to have worked fine ( no error messages )
But now i got stuck on how to start bind 9 on the machine as to me it
looks like the ndc start command still launches bind 8 ant the named
start command does not work at all ( out of which(default) directory do
i have to start this?)).

Can you help me ???

Kind Regards
Thomas Hoebelt