Date:      Wed, 29 Jun 2011 14:08:34 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [RFC] [patch] periodic status-zfs: list pools in daily emails

Quoting Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org> (from Wed, 29 Jun 2011 07:21:15 -0400):

> On 6/29/11 6:37 AM, Glen Barber wrote:
>> I will reply later today with of the script with an unhealthy pool, and
>> will make listing the pools configurable.  I imagine an empty line would
>> certainly make it more readable in either case.  I would be reluctant to
>> replace 'status' output with 'list' output for healthy pools mostly to
>> avoid headaches for people parsing their daily email, specifically
>> looking for (or missing) 'all pools are healthy.'
>>

> Might as well do this now, in case I don't have time later today.
>
> For completeness, I took one drive in both of my pools offline.  (Pardon
> the long lines.)  I also made listing the pools configurable, enabled by
> default, but it runs only if daily_status_zfs_enable=YES.
>
> Feedback would be appreciated.

Good news: I see no problems in your patch.
Bad news: I detected that I forgot to add docs to the man page of
periodic.conf for the daily_status_zfs_enable, and as such I can not
complain that you forgot to do so for the
daily_status_zfs_zpool_list_enable switch.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Monday, n.:
	In Christian countries, the day after the baseball game.