Date:      20 Feb 2001 18:53:43 +0100
From:      Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD digital camera support?

>>>>> "Islandman" == Islandman  <schieb@centurytel.net> writes:

Islandman> I'm shopping for a new digital camera.  Since I NEVER want
Islandman> to boot up in WinDoz again, what capabilities for
Islandman> supporting digital cameras are there in FreeBSD?

I'm using a Canon Powershot S10 (but that's the same with the S20 and
the Digital Ixus) : the USB connexion runs ok and i'm able to download
the images via s10sh and gphoto.

On my laptop, i'm using a PCMCIA adapter : the memory card is then
considered as a normal msdos filesystem... very convenient.

But, depending on your printer, i'm afraid you have to stick to
Windows to produce photo quality printing. Mine is a HP 890C and i get
very poor results, both with Gimp-print and Ghostscript. Seem that
Epson is best supported (see /usr/port/printing/pips*).
--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1286052363 secondes.