Date:      Tue,  5 Jun 2001 11:22:24 -0400
From:      "Jonathan Slivko" <js43064n@pace.edu>
To:        'Alejandro Pomeraniec' <a_pomeran@hotmail.com>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
Subject:   RE: DHCP

I actually have a question about DHCP too:

I am trying to do an FTP install of 4.3-RELEASE. However, when I
get to the portion where it asks me for my network connection. It
finds the Ethernet card, but when it probes for the DHCP server,
it times out and doesn't find it. Any ideas why? I'm using Road
Runner (Cable) NYC from Time Warner City Cable. If anyone has any
clues, please e-mail me back. Thanks.
-- Jonathan M. Slivko

Jonathan M. Slivko <js43064n@pace.edu>
Network Admin., DataSyrge Internet S.
Server Co-Admin., AsylumNet IRC Network
http://www.asylum-net.org -- check us out!

Pager/Voicemail: (917) 388-5304 (24 Hours)

From: Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 10:39:34 -0400

>It's not necessary to specify the DHCP server.
>Simply put
>ifconfig_adapter="DHCP"
>in your /etc/rc.conf file. Where "adapter" is the interface for

the network card that's conneted to the cable modem. For example:
>ifconfig_fxp0="DHCP"
>if you're using one of the supported Intel cards.
>See the man page for rc.conf for more details.

use my

____
Sent via the Pace University Mail system at stmail.pace.edu