Date:      Sun, 20 May 2001 13:21:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "G. Jason Middleton" <gmiddl1@gl.umbc.edu>
To:        renzo sy <renzo_sy@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: I'd like to install FreeBSD on my PC

Burning desire huh!!  Wow that is deep stuff!  If you take a look at the
handbook http://www.freebsd.org you will see a link to the handbook on the
side of the page.  It will walk u through installing it.  If you have any
more questions please email the list and we will be able to give you a
hand, but read the handbook first.

Depending on what type of install you are going to do, you will need
initially 2 books disks which consist of the images kern.flp and
mfsroot.flp which can be found on the ftp site ftp.freebsd.org or look up
the ftp site that is closest to your location.

Get back with us and let us know how everything works out.

Regards,

G. Jason Middleton

On Sun, 20 May 2001, renzo sy wrote:

> FreeBSD.org,
>
> Im just a FreeBSD newbie, however I really want to
>  install and learn the OS (FreeBSD) so much. And I
>  think your email is the most help to contact you.
>
>  At present I only have one PC, with win95 installed,
>  I have no CDROM drive- but I really want to Download
>  from the internet a minimun installation of (FreeBSD
>  release 4.3 or 4.2)
>
>  Can you give me informations as to how and what files
> should i download to have minimum installation of 4.3
> release?
>
> Can I use DOS partition as installation method? Using
> all the files I will have to download?
>
> PS: this is my first time to install freebsd but I
> have that burning desire to have it install on my PC
>
> Renzo Sy

G. Jason Middleton