Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 2004 23:54:42 +0300
From:      Claudiu Costin <claudiuc@kde.org>
To:        freebsd-cvsweb@freebsd.org
Cc:        Krzysztof Lichota <krzysiek@lichota.net>
Subject:   cvsweb will not work like before :(

      Dear friends,

  I'm devel/maintainer of KDE GUI Stats and KDE DOC Stats
from http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/ and respectively
http://i18n.kde.org/stats/doc/ used by KDE translators
not only to see the progress but even to quickly fetch the
PO file  which need work on it.

  From the day when out Chris Molnar upgraded the KDE webcvs
http://webcvs.kde.org/ links from the pages with statistics
ceased to work. No problem here. But when tried to put the
links in the new form I found that it's imposible to fetch
the last file revision from a branch
(i.e. KDE_3_3_BRANCH) whithout knowing it's revision in advance.

  The old webcvs interface allowed this.

  1) If exists a solution with actual webcvs code,
could you webcvs masters can tell me how the URL will look's like?

For example in my PHP script I have the following printf() like string
variable:
  $cvswebformat2="http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/kde-i18n/%s?rev=%s&content-type=text/plain";
where first "%s" is like fr/kdeadmin/kcron.po, and second "%s" is branch
like KDE_3_3_BRANCH or HEAD.

  2) If it's not posible (i.e. it's a misfeature), could you
provide us (KDE project) a patch to fix this annoiance?

  KDE translators will be very gratefull to you :-)

kind regards,
--
Claudiu Costin, claudiuc@kde.org
Linux-KDE Romania http://www.ro.kde.org