Date:      Sun, 05 Dec 2004 23:15:04 -0800
From:      Colin Percival <colin.percival@wadham.ox.ac.uk>
To:        Jiawei Ye <leafy7382@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sockstat weirdness

Jiawei Ye wrote:
> leafy@chihiro:~$ sockstat
> sockstat: sysctlbyname(): No such file or directory
>
> What have I missed here?

You haven't missed anything, it's broken.  In revision 1.11 of
src/usr.bin/sockstat/sockstat.c code was added which uses the
net.inet.divert.pcblist sysctl.  Unfortunately, this might not
exist, so sockstat(8) gets legitimately unhappy.

I'd guess that the right solution would be to replace line 226
				err(1, "sysctlbyname()");
with
				goto out;
but I'm not sure; ru, could you tell me if this is correct and/or
fix it yourself?

Colin Percival