Date:      Wed, 2 Dec 1998 10:59:12 -0000
From:      "Grant Schofield" <gschofield@wiac.iol.ie>
To:        <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Problem - dev Card0 not configured

Hi,

I am running FBSD on a PII 233 laptop with two PCMIA slots. I am trying to
get FBSD to recognise my PCMIA 33.6 V34 modem card. I have altered the
PCCard.conf file to reflect the proper settings, but keep getting the
message 'card0 not configured' at boot up. I have changed to /dev and run sh
MAKEDEV card0 succesfully. However, when I run PPP it says it can't find the
modem. In the PPP configuration file I have specificed Card0 as my modem as
well as trying cua1 & 2, both with no joy. Does anybody have any ideas? [I
am using the robotics modem settings in pccard.conf].

Many thanks

Grant Schofield