Date:      Fri, 07 Jan 2005 10:02:11 -0800
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
To:        Jes <jjess@freebsd.polarhome.com>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Motorola E1000 and obexapp 1.4.4 in server mode

Jes,

> I've just found motorola e1000 suited for vodafone maybe can send files
> via bluetooth (sort of more or less hidden menu option). Ok, obexapp in
> client mode works fine (1.4.4) but in server mode i get errors
> (/var/log/messages).
>
> I launch obexapp in server mode :
>
>>obexapp -d -s -C 10
>
> then I send the file from phone, my phone finds my computer and try to
> send ... and remains trying until I cancel. In /var/log/messages two
> entries :
>
> Jan  7 16:34:10 zurich kernel: ng_l2cap_l2ca_receive: ubt0l2cap -
> invalid L2CAP data packet. Packet too big, length=671, imtu=132, cid=77
> Jan  7 16:34:10 zurich kernel: ng_l2cap_l2ca_receive: ubt0l2cap -
> invalid L2CAP data packet. Packet too big, length=363, imtu=132, cid=77

hmmm... strange. it appears that phone sends over sized l2cap packets.
rfcomm layer sets default mtu of 132 bytes, but remote side (phone)
keeps sending much bigger packets, so the stack drops them.

> I can't find information about this... any idea ?

as usual, i need binary hcidump (produced with -w option). without it i
can not tell what is going on. just by looking at two error messages
below i'd guess that both sides (phone and pc) seems to disagree on mtu.

max