Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 2000 05:28:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      bill fiore <dollarbilfjr@yahoo.com>
To:        John Galt <galt@inconnu.isu.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help 2.2.1->4.0 upgrade boot problems

thanx but I tried most of your suggestions
already
After I sent the email....I disabled the floppies
on the 1542...enabled the floppy controller on
the mother board....and the fdc errors were
gone!!

I tried booting the cdrom...but that dies w/ an
illegal (priviledged? cant remember) instruction
(machine lang) trap....on boot up

I am using a 486dx2/100mhz w/ 32mb core.

It still runs win98(ugh) and fbsd2.2.1 w/o
problems...I would not have upgraded but I got a
cable modem w/ dhcp and I could not get the ISC
stuff to work (yes I recompiled it w/ the v2.2.1
switch...that I found in the #defines).

www.geocities.com/dollarbilfjr/dollarbilfjr.html

=====