Date:      Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:29:46 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NatWest? no thanks

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 03:43:57AM -0800, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> For example, how would ADA requirements for blind-accessiblity be useful
> for a on-line certification test for, say, a hunter?  (gun safety)  Are
> you going to argue that states that require hunters to pass online
> gun safety tests before getting Elk tags are going to have to make sure
> that those tests are blind-accessible?  Is this so that the blind people
> can pass the gun safety test so they can get an Elk tag and go out in
> the woods with their gun and hunt it?

Although a test that certifies users for hunting is well, a bit
inappropriate for blind people, in a site that offers a variety of
tests and certificates, where at least some apply to blind people,
keeping a consistent look and feel to the entire site, might mandate
making all tests use the same overall design.  Then, all tests will
probably be accessible to blind people, although some reason should be
applied to which tests have any validity at all, since I'd hate being
shot down like an Elk by a blind albeit certified Elk hunter :-)