Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2001 12:17:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Eric Parker <sz@cdc.net>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem with Cisco Aironet 340 series 11mbs Wireless Card

	I did eventually get the Cisco Aironet 340 card working in FreeBSD
4.3, but I am having a couple of problems.  First, I am missing something
about boot up.  I was under the impression that if I create a file called
/etc/start_if.an0 that it will be executed during boot up.  I have the
following in that file:

#!/bin/sh
/usr/sbin/ancontrol -i an0 -s 2
/usr/sbin/ancontrol -i an0 -v 0 -a 00:40:96:48:A3:F1
/usr/sbin/ancontrol -i an0 -v 0 -k 0xkey_here
/usr/sbin/ancontrol -i an0 -K 2
/usr/sbin/ancontrol -i an0 -W 1
/usr/sbin/ancontrol -i an0 -v 0 -n xxSSID
/usr/sbin/ancontrol -i an0 -o 1
/usr/sbin/ancontrol -i an0 -c 6

	This works if I run it by hand, sets up the card just as it should
be, but how do I get it to run it on boot up?  I currently have it listed
in rc.local to get take care of it.

	The second issue is the biggest one.  For some reason I have high
latency when pinging my gateway.  With the wireless card, I get ping
replies between 200 and 400 ms while I get around 10 ms with a regular
ethernet card.  Am I missing a setting somewhere?  I have a dual boot
system and the pings are normal under Windows 2000, so it's not the card.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

------
Eric Parker
Network Engineer