Date:      Wed, 5 Jan 2000 02:09:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      "f.johan.beisser" <jan@caustic.org>
To:        William Woods <freebsd@cybcon.com>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SSH recomendations - Re: OpenSSH protocol 1.6 proposal

On Sun, 2 Jan 2000, William Woods wrote:

> Please dont flame me for this, but I would like to know which is reccomened,
>
> ssh1
> ssh2
> openssh

out of the three, i'd recommend ssh1.

why?

1. tested, proven, stable.
2. no licensing issues, and the code doesn't change much
3. no major licensing restrictions. (read the licensing info in
   the source distribution first.)
4. Cross Platform Compatibility!

> I do a lot of remote work and clients dont like haveint Telnet open and would
> like to use ssh, I would like to reccomend the best solution...which, in your
> opinion is the best.

there ya go. my opinion on the ssh's.

-- jan

  email: jan[at]caustic.org   web: http://www.caustic.org/~jan
   "knowledge is power. power corrupts. study hard, be evil."