Date:      Mon, 05 Jun 1995 19:29:26 -0700
From:      Gary Palmer <gpalmer@westhill.cdrom.com>
To:        seki@sysrap.cs.fujitsu.co.jp
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: misc/493: 2.0.5 ALPHA, sysinstall doesn't invoke sub-shell

In message <199506060220.TAA21110@freefall.cdrom.com>, seki@sysrap.cs.fujitsu.c
o.jp writes:

>	I booted the floppy, and the initial screen of sysinstall
>	was shown.

>	Then, I hit ESC key to invoke sub-shell.

>	The shell didn't start.  Instead, a dialog for reboot-
>	confirmation was shown.  (A same dialog as that for CANCEL?)

This is not a bug - the subshell is now dead, in favour of the
emergency holographic shell which is started on the 4th vty when
it becomes sensible to do so (basically after the boot.flp has
been copied onto your hard disk).

Escape is now an alternative for cancel throughout the menu structure
as it should have been all along to provide compatability with other
existing dialog system standards.

Gary

P.S. Those who send mail asking about the EHS on vty4 will be told to
     watch more good TV :-)