Date:      Mon, 6 Jan 2003 14:23:47 -0500
From:      Simson Garfinkel <simsong@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        bmah@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: suggestion for http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.0R/DP2/relnotes-i386.html

--Apple-Mail-2--850682281

Hi, Bruce.

Section 2.1.6 on filesystems refers to a file:
  /usr/src/sys/ufs/ufs/README.extattr

It's in green. I'd love to click on it and read the contents.

Same with /usr/src/sys/ufs/ffs/README.snapshot.

-Simson

On Monday, January 6, 2003, at 02:17 PM, Bruce A. Mah wrote:

> If memory serves me right, "Simson L. Garfinkel" wrote:
>> Greetings. I notice that filenames at
>> http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.0R/DP2/relnotes-i386.html are in
>> green. It
>> would be really neat if these green filenames were actually turned
>> into
>> links that, when clicked on, presented the reader with web pages.
>
> Where it makes sense to do this, we do it already.  In the case of a
> file that has a manual page associated with it, we usually have a
> cross-reference to the manual page (such as services(5) or exports(5)).
> For an arbitrary/random file, it's not clear what link would make
> sense.
>
> Can you provide a specific example of a change you'd like to see?
>
>> Otherwise, the documentation is great.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bruce.
>

> <mime-attachment>
--Apple-Mail-2--850682281

Hi, Bruce.

Section 2.1.6 on filesystems refers to a file:

It's in green. I'd love to click on it and read the contents.

Same with

</bigger></fontfamily>

-Simson

<excerpt>If memory serves me right, "Simson L. Garfinkel" wrote:

<excerpt>Greetings. I notice that filenames at

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.0R/DP2/relnotes-i386.html are in
green. It

would be really neat if these green filenames were actually turned into

links that, when clicked on, presented the reader with web pages.

</excerpt>

Where it makes sense to do this, we do it already.  In the case of a

file that has a manual page associated with it, we usually have a

cross-reference to the manual page (such as services(5) or exports(5)).

For an arbitrary/random file, it's not clear what link would make
sense.

Can you provide a specific example of a change you'd like to see?

<excerpt>Otherwise, the documentation is great.

</excerpt>

Thanks!

Bruce.

<<mime-attachment></excerpt>