Date:      Tue, 1 May 2001 22:55:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      User Ipt Ian Patrick Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   no third button on X only

Operating System: FreeBSD

	After having installed X 4.0.2 I am unable to get the third button on my three button Logitech Mouse to
work.  The strange thing about this is that the third button works with the console.

moused -i all -p /dev/cuaa0
/dev/cuaa0 serial mouseman generic

	I am able to copy with the first button and paste with the second with the third extending the area being
copied copied.  On X however I get no response from the middle button.  I have Sysmouse as my protocol and
/dev/sysmouse as the device.  Without moused running as a daemon in the background I have tried these
combinations:
protocol IntelliMouse
device /dev/cuaa0

protocol MouseMan
device /dev/cuaa0

protocol MouseSystems
device /dev/cuaa0

protocol Microsoft
device /dev/cuaa0

	None of these has given me third button functionality.  Please tell me I didn't buy this Logitech mouse
for no reason.

Thanks in advance.
Ian
--