Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 1997 12:45:34 -0400
From:      avorchak@prografx.net (Vorchak, Alan)
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FTP install trouble

 Im having trouble configuring my PC for dial-out to recieve files via FTP.

after configuring the kernal to my equipment
{only strange configuration is for my SupraFAXMODEM288i which is located on
irq9}
I go on to the *novice installation*
I am installing the OS on its' own hard disk (250Mb Maxtor, which is
recognized ok)
I elect to automatic for partition information
I select FTP installation through the main ftp site through FTP.FREEBSD.ORG
(name forgotten, its the main one, though)
I elect ppp on sio1 configured as:  device sio1 at isa? port "IO_COM2" tty
irq9 vector siointr in the kernal
The system then gets to the dialog where I must switch over to the Terminal
Emulator by pressing Alt-F3, go into the system, type *term*

The system then returns:  "Press ~? for help"
I press ~? and a few commands are allowed:  help, log up, log down, quit
program, and one or two more.

Ok, this is where I am stuck, what do I need to do to configure the system
to recognize my modem and dialup my ISP?  There is not a detailed help area
in the setup area, so Im not really even sure what to do here.  Im not quite
a novice with UNIX, DOS, or Windows, but obviously I am having a couple of
troubles here which are probably easily solved.......?

I appreciate your answer in advance.

Alan Vorchak
Email:  alanvorchak@prografx.net
Telephone:  (888) 463-8482