Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 1997 21:50:51 -0500
From:      Gardner Buchanan <gardner@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        dufault@hda.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PC/104 network computer

> From: Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
> Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 07:32:45 -0500 (EST)
> Subject: PC/104 network computer
>
> (I tried hardware.  Anyone on -hackers using a PC/104 single board
> computer?)
>
> I'm looking for a single board PC/104 computer with ethernet, flash
> memory, memory, serial ports, and parallel port on a single card.
> For ease in bootstrapping it should also have a keyboard and floppy
> interface.  I also need a good looking small enclosure with power
> supply and external connectors.  I'm not concerned with screaming
> performance or more than 16MB memory.
>
> The kind of board I have in mind is similar to the Megatel PC/II+i:
>
> http://www.emji.net:80/megatel/pc2ispec.html
>
> Can anyone recommend others?

I ran FreeBSD 2.0.5 and 2.1 on an Ampro Littleboard.  I had to
write my own Ethernet driver for the SMC 91C92 chip.  The Datalux
"databrick" systems (sorry, you'll have to use Yahoo or whatever)
look quite nice.  They aren't PC/104 though.  They do also use the
SMC 91C92.  My driver for it is on www.smc.com.

Gardner Buchanan    <gbuchanan@sympatico.ca>
Ottawa, ON