Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2000 22:04:34 -0400
From:      John DeBoskey <jwd@unx.sas.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   /modules vs. /boot/kernel

Hi,

   Just a heads up on a minor problem I ran into...

   I've had a system running 5.0-current from about 3 months
ago... that system kept modules in /modules.

   After upgrading to -current as of today, vinum would nolonger
load, complaining about: link_elf: symbol tsleep undefined

   Well, kldload -v vinum also complained... and sysctl reports:

kern.module_path: /boot/modules/;/modules/;/boot/kernel/

   To make a long story short, there was an old vinum module
in /modules from the previous system/kernel. After rm'ing the
/modules area everything works again.

   Question, is /modules still valid? I haven't seen any real
discussion of it amoungst the kernel discussions...

-John