Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2000 21:33:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New softupdates panic

:Uniprocessor kernel, checking out /sys from an NFS-mounted repository,
:kernel built from sources current as of this afternoon.
:(apologies for any typos, no serial console)
:
:panic: initate_write_inodeblock: already started

    Checking out from an NFS mounted repository into a local
    filesystem w/ softupdates enabled?

:panic()
:initiate_write_inodeblock()
:softdep_disk_io_initiation()
:spec_stratety()
:bwrite()
:vop_stdbwrite()
:vop_defaultop()
:vfs_bio_awrite()
:spec_fsync()
:sched_sync()
:fork_trampoline()

    This is definitely new, I've never seen this one before.  I'll try
    to reproduce it on monday when I get back to Berkeley.  In the mean
    time, please see if you can reproduce the panic.  If we can get the
    panic reproducable then I can reproduce it on my test box and handle
    all the crash dump nicities to hand over to Kirk.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>