Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 1997 23:52:06 -0600 (CST)
From:      Font <font@Mcs.Net>
To:        Kamal is not MaD <southakj@email.uc.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: release 2.2.5 HELP ! bin.ci corruption ?

On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, Kamal is not MaD wrote:
> Please check to see if
> the bin.ci (or perhaps bin.cj) file on the server is corrupted ? And if an
> installation is possible without it ?

I've occasionally had trouble downloading files from ftp.freebsd.org with
certain ftp clients.  While the download session completes without errors,
files end up with different checksums than the originals.  I'm not sure
whether the problem is the client or the server.  Clients which have given
me occasional corrupted files include Netscape Navigator 4.03/Mac, Fetch
3.0/Mac.  Generally, after I download something, I check the checksum, and
if the checksum doesn't match, then I'll download using a different ftp
client (from my ISP's shell account, for instance, which has never failed
me) until the checksum matches.

I suggest you check your checksums, and retrieve the corrupted files
again using a different method.  Good luck.

dw
--
A bug in my MUA causes news.announce.newusers                            font
to be sent to beneficiaries and senders of UCE/SPAM.                        @