Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2000 20:40:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
Cc:        Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>, Andy@silverbrook.com.au, Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, gibbs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MFC of ahc driver updates (long-ish)

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

>>Brandon, I'll take those patches if you've still got them lying
>>around.  If not, I'll try to make them myself or try to get the
>>latest -current aic7xxx driver to work.
>
>Testing the stuff from -current would be the best option.  There
>are known issues for non-U2/U3 controllers in the code that Brandon
>first proposed to have merged.

Hey Justin,
I appreciate the work you've been doing to get these problems resolved
for all.  I'm doing my best to get my machines with ahc-supported cards
in them testing your latest code.  My -current machines are doing fine,
however I've run into some trouble with a RELENG_4 backport.  The
improvements made to the driver in the new version changed the way it is
built and so it's not as simple as just upgrading src/sys/dev/aic7xxx/*.
I don't know what other files you touched in this round of commits that
I need to update in order for the kernel build to complete.  I appear to
be running into dependency and/or include issues.  I would appreciate
any clues you could give me as to what other files to upgrade to get the
new driver to build.  Or perhaps, knowing the driver as intimately as
you do, you could post a patchset for those of us with this hardware to
test?

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Brandon D. Valentine
bandix at looksharp.net  |  bandix at structbio.vanderbilt.edu
"Truth suffers from too much analysis." -- Ancient Fremen Saying