Date:      27 Dec 2001 14:06:28 -0500
From:      OutBack Dingo <dingo@microbsd.net>
To:        carpist <carpist@mediaone.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: login

If this is a fresh FreeBSD install and you didnt configure it after the
install type

"root" at the login prompt, then <enter>

i would however recommend also these steps after your first login

change the root password

# passwd root ( follow the prompts carefully )

add a user

# adduser ( follow the prompts carefully )

or also

# /stand/sysinstall

and go into the configuratioon section to make a "root password" and add
acounts under "users"