Date:      Sat, 1 Jan 2000 21:26:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      ong1s@cmich.edu
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3.4 kernel, ppp -auto shutdown

I compiled the 3.4 kernel several time without any error. But could boot
from any of them. Got page fault (or something like that), panic, reboot,
right before changing root device to wd1s2a message. Any
suggestions? comments? Did I do something stupid?

What dos "sio3: 182more  interrupt-level buffer overflows (total
182)" mean? sio3 is my modem.

After starting ppp -auto ondemand, how to shut it down gentlely? I use ps
to grep the pid and then kill it. or read pid from /var/log/ppp.log. There
aught to be a better way.

TIA for any suggestions.

Happy New Year!

SCO