Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2000 23:12:51 -0500
From:      "Daniel Schrock" <djab@enteract.com>
To:        "donald pwee" <donaldpwee@yahoo.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: dual-booting win2000 & freebsd

----- Original Message -----
From: "donald pwee" <donaldpwee@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: mailing.freebsd.questions
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2000 3:21 AM
Subject: dual-booting win2000 & freebsd

> hi,
>
> i've been trying to dual boot win2000 with freebsd.
> i've 2 hdd & am wondering whether the following
> will work out.
>
> first disk    20G    win2000
> 2nd disk    20G    freebsd
>
> must i still ensure that the root slice of freebsd
> resides within the first 1024th cylinder?  i'm getting
>
> tired bc i can only get only either 1 of them up at
> any one time.
>
> thanks,
> donald

I'm currently running a similar setup, though drive sizes differ:
10 GB Win2k
8.4GB FreeBSD-4.0_Release

The first time i tried this, under FreeBSD 3.3, I forgot to make the root
partitions on both drives active.
Make them both active, then choose the Booteasy Bootmgr for both drives and
you will be good to go.  Upon next reboot, you will be given a choice of
drives to choose from....very easy to do, yet very easy to forget about in
the excitement of installing FreeBSD. :-)
Hope it works out for you.

daniel schrock