Date:      Sat, 24 May 1997 13:29:41 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Jeff A Lesley <holeyman@gem.kern.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: questions-digest V3 #229

Hi,

>I have a dual ppro box the I would like to install freebsd on, can I, and
>how? If I understand correctly I need a release(2.2.2) installed then i
>can MAKE the src to -current, but I cant install 2.2.2 due to dual ppros?
>please help, I love FreeBSD(eventhough I'm rather new to unix) and I'd
>love to run it on my dual ppro box. I'd be more than happy to work with

any FreeBSD version should run on your dual box, but won't use the 2nd CPU.
you need to be using 3.0-current to enable the SMP kernel.
it doesn't matter how you get, there, ie updating from 2.2 or installing
from a 3.0-SNAP, although the SNAP process would be easier.

for details see:
http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/SMP/SMP.html

--
Steve Passe	| powered by