Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 2000 01:28:30 -0700
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: chio trap with not-ready changer

On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 00:05:18 -0800, Mike Smith wrote:

> > > Not necessarily a test unit ready, but perhaps something other than mode
> > > sense or inquiry.
> > >
> > > *sigh*
> > >
> > > I still don't understand how the retry count is getting decremented.
> >
> > I think there's something basic wrong there, yes.  Whatever it is also
> > seems to be inhibiting the TEST UNIT READY that your quirk entry is
> > trying to send.
>
>  ... the rationale here being that if it was being sent and failing, we'd
> see an error from it, right?

Not necessarily.  I don't think we print out sense information or errors if
commands issued by the error recovery code result in errors.  (That's often
the point.)

It's the original command that'll get reported as having failed.  (And it
really is a failure of the original command -- once we complete the error
recovery action, the original command is reissued to see if it will
complete successfully.)

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry