Date:      Sat, 19 Jan 2002 14:54:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        tsikora@ntplx.net
Subject:   Re: Port cvsup problem... (Solved)

In article <3C4639F0.C6409544@ntplx.net>,
Ted Sikora  <tsikora@ntplx.net> wrote:

> Followed your advice and it worked perfectly after deleting all the
> files in /usr/sup/src-*   ... thanks.
>
> TreeList failed: Error in "/usr/sup/src-all/checkouts.cvs:RELENG_4": x
>    x 21324: File is not sorted properly. Delete it and try
> again.         x
>    file
> "/usr/ports/net/cvsup/work/cvsup-snap-16.1f/suplib/src/FileStatus.m3",
> line 586
>    use option @M3stackdump to get a stack trace
>    Abort trap - core dumped

In your case I think the problem was different.  This looks like
filesystem corruption to me.  My ezm3-related fix probably had nothing
to do with your case, especially since you wrote elsewhere that the
old CVSup static binary also had the same problem.  Your problem went
away because you deleted the bad checkouts.cvs file.  I recommend that
you run fsck and also mistrust your hardware a little more.  Corrupted
checkouts.cvs files are always caused by HW errors or OS errors, in my
experience.

John
--
  John Polstra