Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 1999 09:49:05 -0500
From:      Paul Gregg <pgregg@wspa.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   wire feeds on com port

I'm looking ofr help and/or leads on how to capture data coming in on a
com port. This is a noaa weather feed from a satellite receiver which
goes to a box which which has one rs232 input and about 8 rs232 outputs.
I think the data just streams out whether anything is listening or not.
I would like to receive this on a com port on a freebsd box and listen
for key words and perform a function when it sees a particular string.

Is there something in the ports that could be adapted for this or could
it bee done in a shell script.

Thanks

Paul