Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 2003 10:40:01 +1030
From:      Brian Astill <bastill@adam.com.au>
To:        "max lizano" <ml099@hotmail.com>, stable@FreeBsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fsck problems

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 12:12 pm, max lizano wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> This is my situation, every time that i run the command "fsck -p" in
> single user modei receive the following:
>
> /dev/ad1s1a NO WRITE ACCESS
> /dev/ads1a1: Unexpected inconsistency. RUN fsck Manually.
>
> What do I do wrong?

Absolutely nothing.  Maybe you are reading the Handbook instructions as=20
I was?  That says go to single user mode then "fsck -p" followed by=20
"mount -a".  Like you I found that fsck gave that "no write access"=20
error.

Mike Meyer was/has fixed the Handbook.
However somebody wrote that you can't fsck a mounted partition, so I=20
don't know where that leaves us!.

--=20
Regards,
Brian