Date:      Sun, 5 Dec 1999 15:39:30 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   question regarding info

info, you know that GUN program, is supposed to display documentation
installed.

Well, we place relevant make world info into /use/share/info and I can
see those docs a-ok.  gcc, bison, gawk, etc.

The problem comes when I install ports, they place info documents into
/usr/local/info.  And when I try to info for example libtool which is
present in there it doesn't `know' about the .info file.  Now.  I know
info can accept a longoption to specify the directories to look for, but
given that the average user nowadays doesn't seem to bother to man info
before looking further and that I am fairly positive that this used to
work before and I wonder if something is b0rked.

Suggestions and all that are welcome.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven/Asmodai           asmodai@[wxs.nl|bart.nl]
Documentation nutter.          *BSD: Technical excellence at its best...