Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 1996 21:17:04 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        avl@kiam1.rssi.ru (Lapinsky Alexander)
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /usr/bin/mt core dumped

As Lapinsky Alexander wrote:

> And how about bug in wt driver ? ( Fix see below :-)
> I sent my fix to authors, but have no answer yet.

What's the appearance of this bug (i.e., how could i verify that the
fix is correct)?

Btw., mt(1) in FreeBSD-current can now properly print the status and
error register bits.  So strictly spoken, neither your fix or the
previous one (regarding the ``bits == 0'' thing) would still be
necessary. :)

The trick was to move the definitions for

#define WTDS_BITS
#define WTER_BITS

out from /sys/i386/isa/wtreg.h into a separate /sys/i386/include/wtio.h,
so it's visible from userland as <machine/wtio.h>.  This way, both
definitions can be passed down to print_register().
--
cheers, J"org