Date:      Tue, 16 May 2000 19:57:13 -0700
From:      Rush Carskadden <rcarskadden@lightrealm.com>
To:        "'security@freebsd.org'" <security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: SSH1, SSH2, RSA, DES, etc etc

Those concerned about crypto -

The Handbook of Applied Cryptography can be found here:
http://cacr.math.uwaterloo.ca/hac/

Also, if you are looking for a good guide to various cryptographic
technologies, I recommend the ICSA Guide to Cryptography (ISBN 0079137598).
Applied Cryptography is THE book to own, but the ICSA has a good
algo-by-algo breakdown. I might also recommend checking out the following
links:

Ritter's Crypto Glossary and Dictionary of Technical Cryptography - for
those sometimes nasty terms -
http://www.io.com/~ritter/GLOSSARY.HTM

Cypherpunk HyperArchive - an extensive archive of the Cypherpunks mailing
list, a list devoted to yapping about cryptography (most of the time)
http://www.inet-one.com/cypherpunks/

If that isn't enough to get you started, send me an email, and I will hook
you up with the motherload of crypto references.

ok,
Rush Carskadden